The International System Safety Society (ISSS) is the only professional organization specifically dedicated to promotion of the system safety concept at the local, national and international level. Our members benefit, both personally and professionally,
through contacts with other members and interfacing with persons in related disciplines at Chapter meetings, symposia and annual International System Safety Conferences.
Membership is open to anyone with professional qualifications in or currently involved in work related to system safety or an allied discipline. Membership is also open for students currently studying system safety or related fields. This is your invitation
to join with other concerned individuals in a common cause to more effectively identify and control hazards associated with activities, products and systems!
Individual Member Benefits
Members of the Society benefit from:
- Individual professional development opportunities to increase one's technical knowledge and keep up with the "cutting edge" of safety thinking.
- Three issues per year of the Journal of System Safety.
- Membership in a local Chapter, providing opportunities for sharing experiences and networking. Chapter meetings generally feature speakers who provide insights into a particular subject.
- Recognition of professional achievement through progressive upgrades of member status and the Society's Award Program.
- Discounts on Society-sponsored conferences and technical publications.
- A vehicle by which you can influence the future course of your profession.
The Society has (4) grades of Professional Membership:
- Individual Member| $150 | An individual working in system safety or a related profession.
- Individual Member - Retired | $75 | A retired individual formerly working in system safety or a related profession.
- Senior Member (UPGRADE) | $150 + $35 One-Time Administration Fee | One who can demonstrate a high level of professional competence through educational, experience, and professional achievement areas. In addition, evidence is required demonstrating significant achievement in system safety field, which has contributed to the professional development of the applicant. Must have been an ISSS member for four (4) years.
Administration fee is a one-time charge for reclassification.
- Fellow Member (UPGRADE) | $150 + $95 One-Time Administration Fee | To qualify for the highest grade of professional recognition that may be granted by the Society, the applicant must demonstrate (in addition to qualify for the Senior Member grade) outstanding contributing to the Society and the system safety profession. Must have been a Senior Member for five (5) years and supply three letters of recommendation from other Fellow members. Administration fee is a one-time charge for reclassification.
- Student Member | No Cost | Available for students who wish to be a part of the Society but do not qualify for a Professional Membership. Note: Supporting documentation is needed for membership approval.
Register Online for Student Membership
Corporate Membership offers many benefits for organizations worldwide that wish to provide financial support and share in the Society's standards and goals.
Corporate Member Benefits
Corporate members of the Society benefit from:
- Ten copies of each issue of Journal of System Safety, which may be distributed as requested (limited to two different addresses).
- A feature article in the Journal of System Safety, detailing the safety-related activities of the Corporate Members (copy to be prepared by member and submitted to the Editor for final review and approval).
- Listing of your organization on the inside front cover of each issue of the Journal of System Safety.
To learn more or apply for corporate membership, please contact the ISSS office at email@example.com
Renew Your Membership
If your membership is about to expire, renew now to avoid a lapse in membership.
» Renew Now
Follow the instructions below to renew your membership:
- Sign in to the ISSS website. (forgot your password?) If you cannot remember your log in credentials, please contact our office
- Go to the Membership page for your profile.
- You can also access this page by clicking on your name in the upper right corner, and selecting Account+Settings.
- Click Payments & History on the left, then select Membership from the links at the top of the window.
- Click on either the Renew or Upgrade option (whichever is displayed) to renew your membership.
- You will be prompted to review and update your personal information prior to renewing. Make sure that you click Save Changes, located at the bottom of the page. Please note: you will only be able to renew your membership while you are in the renewal eligibility period.
- You will be directed to the membership renewal page. Choose your option, complete your card information, and complete your transaction. Your membership will automatically renew pending approval of your credit card transaction.